Friday, January 27, 2017

Chocolate-rum-raisins muffins : Mitra's surprise for my birthday

It has been four months that I started this blog and sharing publicly my recipes.  Apart from the encouraging comments here and on other social media sites, I had no other way to understand if my effort of giving out tips and tricks on cooking is really helping the audience to create delicacies in their kitchens. It was my birthday this Wednesday and I finally got a firsthand proof that my recipes and tips can really help people to come up with delicious dishes. And it was Mitra who asserted this claim.

First I must say Mitra is a novice cook and he hardly gets a dish well done. This birthday he decided to surprise me and bake me a cake. I must say that on previous occasions when he took up such endeavors they resulted in disasters like a cake stuck-and-burned to the pan, a cake overflowing in the oven and requiring days of him struggling to get the stain off the oven, or simply him struggling for days to finish a completely inedible cake. But this time he decided to do some homework.
Mitra looked up my recipes from my blog {these to be precise 1,2}, and did a thorough scientific study of the procedures and steps (he is a scientist by profession by the way) and then under my immaculate supervision and guidance he baked my birthday cake. The recipe was developed by me and that is why it features on my blog.
It was a chocolate-rum-raisins cake. 
But he as usual overdid his effort. There was enough batter for baking two cakes (that is an important point in cake baking which he was unaware of, always leave at least 1/3 of space in the baking pan. No wonder his cakes on all earlier attempts had spilled over). So I decided to make muffins of the remaining batter. 
The muffins after being baked turned out to be perfect (the cake as well I must way) and they are a little more classy than the cake, so I will give out the recipe of the chocolate-rum-raisins muffins.


Chocolate-rum-raisins muffins

Calories per serving: 380 kcal

The fluffy chocolate rum and raisin filled muffins baked by my partner, who is a novice cook, under my guidance and supervision for my birthday.

Ingredients:
  • Flour : 1/3 cup
  • Sugar : 1/3 cup
  • Rum : 20 ml
  • Baking powder : 4 grams
  • Egg : 2
  • Unsalted Butter : 40 gram
  • Chocolate (Lindt 70%): 50 grams
  • Vanilla essence : 5 drops
  • Raisins (golden): 20 grams

Instructions:

  1. Whisk the eggs. Add sugar and whisk nicely until the mixtures attains a creamy texture.
  2. Add vanilla essence and whisk.
  3. Melt the butter and chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute. Take it our, stir the butter and chocolate and again put it in the microwave for 1 more minute.
  4. Shift the flour and baking powder. Add it to the batter and fold it with the help of a spatula.
  5. Add the melted butter and chocolate mixture to the batter. Fold it in nicely.
  6. Add the raisins and rum. Fold it again.
  7. Butter a non-stick muffin tray and fill each mold till 2/3 their depths.
  8. Place it in a pre-heated oven at 190°C. Bake it for 20 minutes at 190°C.
  9. After it has been baked, take it out from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes.
  10. Invert the tray on a plate and remove the muffins. Cool it in a wire-rack and serve.


1 comment:

  1. This recipe is DELICIOUS. My kids and I ate every bit of them! I did add raisins but followed the recipe... turned out VERY moist and Fluffy!

    ReplyDelete